100's of Tips from our 2800 Facebook Angels

10.4.10

It's the side effects that wear you down but there are measures you can take to lessen the effects-Here's tips on what works for me-SHIRLEY



Of course we can tell you a lot about the IV Solumedrol treatments because a lot of us have had these a time or two or three or four.... during the course of our disease.

Personally, I've had four treatments since my diagnosis in June 2004. I have a love/hate relationship because the steroids help to reduce the inflammation and possibly lessen the severity of the relapse as well as decrease the length of time to recovery.

I have never been admitted in to the hospital for my treatments. They have always been given to me through the hospital outpatient ward.

I'd have my infusion usually in the morning and then an hour or so later I'd be on my merry way. I'd do this every morning for 3 days.

It's the side effects that can really wear you down but there are measures that you can take to lessen the effects. Here's tips on what works for me: Drink lots of water; eat a healthy diet making sure to avoid simply carbohydrates which include junk-type foods; avoid sugary snacks and limit your caffeine consumption; be mindful of your blood pressure and warn your family because your moods may start swinging.

Above all be sure to rest even though you feel as if you can concur the world - this is a false notion and world domination should be avoided...LOL.

I hope your treatments go well and you feel better soon. Please take care and be good to yourself.